I. The examinee should enter the assigned examination hall with his / her Examination Card fifteen minutes before the examination. After entering, he / she should sit at the assigned seat and place his / her Examination Card at the left top of the desk for the purpose of being checked by the invigilators. If his / her Examination Card is lost and he / she fails to get it anew, the examinee should take a Temporary “Examination Certificate Card” at the “School Roll and Examination Affairs Section” with his / her other valid identity certification before he / she is allowed to take the examination. The examinee who does not possess the Examination Card or Examination Certificate Card” is not allowed to take the examination.
II. The examinee is not allowed to bring any books, notes, paper, schoolbag, wireless communication equipments (as pager, or mobile phone), electronic notebook and other materials related to the examination, except the necessary writing materials (as pen, ball-pen, pencil, angle square, eraser). If the above-mention forbidden materials are taken in the examination hall, they should be placed at the front platform.
III. After receiving the examination paper, the examinee should write his / her name, school number and other required information on the assigned place of the examination paper. The examinee can only use the blue or black pen or ball-pen to write the examination except the specific requirements, otherwise his / her examination is invalid. The pencil can only be used to make a rough draft except the specific requirements. The answers written on the draft paper are invalid.
IV. The examinee is not allowed to enter the examination hall if he / she has been late for over twenty minutes after the commencement of the examination. The examinee is not allowed to hand in the examination paper and leave the examination hall until twenty minutes after the commencement of the examination. The examinee is not allowed to reenter the examination hall to continue the examination if he / she has left.
V. After the commencement of the examination, the examinee is not allowed to ask the examiner or invigilator for any interpretation or prompting related to the examination questions. In case a wrong delivery of examination paper, a wrong bookbinding of examination paper, or an illegible print of examination paper happens, the examinee may inquire about it after the permission is given by the invigilator.
VI. The Determination and Punishment of the activities against the examination disciplines are as follows:
1. The examinee who does not comply with the disciplines of the examination hall and does not obey the arrangement and requirement made by the invigilators in one of the following activities will be determined as that he / she has the activities against the examinations hall disciplines.
(1) To bring the materials beyond the assignment into the examination hall or to fail to place them at the designated area;
(2) To fail to sit at the assigned seat to take the examination;
(3) To write the examination paper before the commencement of the examination or continuing to write the examination after the conclusion of the examination;
(4) To peep other’s examination paper, to speak each other, or to make secret signals or gestures each other;
(5) To make noises, or to smoke, or to act to influences the examination hall disciplines inside the examination hall or the forbidden areas nearby;
(6) To leave the examination hall without authorization from the invigilators during the examination;
(7) To take the examination paper, answering paper (including response paper or response card, same hereinafter), or draft paper out of the examination hall;
(8) To use the unassigned pen or pencil, or to write his / her name at the unassigned place on the examination paper, or to make marks on the examination paper;
(9) To act against the examination hall disciplines with the activity that is not determined as committing cheating.
2. The examinee who violates the principles of fairness and justness to obtain or try to obtain the examination answers or examination scores with the inappropriate measures in one of the following activities is determined as that he has the cheating activities in the examination.
(1) To bring the written materials related to the examination or the electronic equipments with the storage of materials related to the examination during his / her examination;
(2) To plagiarize or to assist others to plagiarize the examination answers or the materials related to the examination;
(3) To snatch or steal others’ examination paper or examination answers, or to force others to provide convenience for him / her to plagiarize others’ examination paper;
(4) To apply the communication devices during the examination;
(5) To ask another person to assume his / her name to take the examination;
(6) To intentionally destruct the examination paper, the examination answers or other examination materials;
(7) To write the information that does not tally with his / her name or school number;
(8) To transmit or receive any materials, or to exchange the examination paper, the examination answers or the draft paper;
(9) To act other cheating behaviors.
VII. The examinee should hand in the examination paper (including the draft paper) when he / she completes the examination and leaves the examination hall. After handing in the examination paper and leaving the examination hall, he / she is not allowed to stay and talk near the examination hall, and not allowed to ask questions to the invigilators. The examinee should stop answering the examination immediately after the signal of conclusion of the examination is made and place his / her examination paper on the desk with its reverse side upwards. He / she can leave the examination hall only when the invigilators collect all the examination papers in sequence and no any mistakes are found after checking.
VIII. The examinee who takes two ore more examination at the same time should actively tell the invigilators of the first examination. He / she will, after he / she completes the first examination, go to the Examination Affairs Office or the assigned examination hall of the second examination accompanied by the invigilators. The examinee who goes to the Examination Affairs Office or the Educational Administration Office to demand the examination himself / herself is not allowed to take the examination.
IX. The examinee should consciously submit himself / herself to the invigilators’ management, and should not hinder the invigilators in their regular work with any excuses. The examinee who acts against the Examination Hall Rule or does not submit himself / herself to the invigilators management, will be treated and punished on the basis of Provision on Disciplinary Sanction and Punishment for Students, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine according to the circumstances after the invigilators submit his / her activities to the relevant departments.
X. The Examination Hall Rule came into force in September, 2006. If any differences exist between the former Rule and this Rule, this Rule is taken as the valid one.
XI. The Academic Affairs Department is responsible for the interpretation of the Examination Hall Rule.