The Leading Committee of the Epidemic Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Infection of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM)
The epidemic prevention and control office of SHUTCM(2020) No.11
Notice on the issue of the working arrangements of independent learning and online teaching of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
All the colleges and offices,
According to the notice to start online education from March 2 issued by the municipal education commission on February 18, and combined with the actual situation of the university, the university has decided to conduct independent learning and online teaching since March 2. Students will not come to the university, and the time for return to the university will be settled according to the requirements of the higher authorities after a scientific evaluation based on the epidemic.
In order to conduct the online learning and teaching smoothly, we have worked out the working arrangements of independent learning and online teaching of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (please refer to the attachment for details). The relevant colleges and offices should perform all the duties based on the relevant regulations, and colleges and offices concerned should guarantee a smooth experience of the online learning and teaching.
Attachment: the working arrangements of independent learning and online teaching of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
The leading committee of the epidemic prevention and control of SHUTCM
(the stamp of the office of the President and the party committee)
February 19, 2020
The working arrangements of independent learning and online teaching of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
To ensure the safety and health of all the students, faculty and staff, and to guarantee the working requirements of “suspend on-campus classes but not to suspend teaching and learning”, according to the leading committee of the epidemic prevention and control and Shanghai municipal education commission, the university have decided to launch independent learning and online teaching from March 2, on the basis of all the preparatory work. The relevant working arrangements are hereby notified as follows:
(I) Online teaching will start from March 2, and the teaching will be mainly based on the courses stipulated in the teaching plans for the spring semester for undergraduates and the 3-year programme students, postgraduates, international students and continuing education students, which was originally scheduled to start from February 17, 2020. Students will not come to the university, and the time for return to the university will be settled after a scientific evaluation according to the epidemic.
(2)The online teaching will be held based on the original class unit on the selection of the courses. The main lecturer will be responsible for the class activities, and will conduct the teaching activities in different stages and forms in an orderly manner, with a focus on the effectiveness. The teaching plans of the independent learning and online teachings for week 1 to week 4 of the spring semester 2020 (the courses from February 17 to March 15 on the teaching calendar) will be released starting from February 28. Through the course centre and academic affairs platforms of the relevant teaching departments(please refer to the following specific path), students can refer to the learning content and goals of the selected courses of the independent learning and online learning, as well as the online learning resources provided by the teachers. Students should make full preparations for the study and confirm whether the relevant teaching information has been received or not with the specific lecturer before 12 0’clock at noon on March 1.
The online teaching will officially begin on March 2.
The first phase of online teaching is tentatively scheduled from March 2 to March 29. The subsequent teaching will be arranged based on the specific situation, and further notice will be issued.
(3)The teaching tasks of all the courses should be implemented. Students’ performances should be monitored and evaluated. Tests and questions should be assigned to the students after classes based on the teaching progress and the requirements of the university, and periodical online tests can also be arranged for evaluating students independent study. Students' independent learning progress, homework and relevant online test results should be included in the daily evaluation results of the course. Teachers should review and revise the homework submitted by students in time, and all the homework and periodical test materials in week 1 to week 4 should be submitted online before April 3. Specific requirements shall be decided by the main lecturer according to the situation.
After students’ returning to the university, the university will adjust the teaching arrangements of the semester as appropriate in time. Within two weeks after students’ return, the university will organize and conduct supplementary teaching of the courses and comprehensive evaluation of the online independent learning.
(4) Teachers should take the initiative to care students' learning, stimulate students' independent learning awareness and capabilities, arrange necessary online Q&A and group discussion, interact with students and recommend excellent works of the students. The university will launch the online teaching supervision simultaneously, and provide feedback of the teaching quality in time. The university will also provide some online digital textbook resources. The relevant teaching resources can be supplemented as appropriate and students are encouraged to share public resources with each other.
(5) All the teaching departments and student affairs office shall work closely to provide students with academic guidance, and provide timely feedback to the relevant departments of the students with difficulties in effectively implementing independent learning.
(6) Methods to obtain course information:
1. Undergraduates and the 3-year program students: log onto the course center of the university to obtain the online teaching information of the selected course.(website: http://study.shutcm.edu.cn. Login name: student id, password: 111111 or unified identity authentication, enter the "learning center" - click the selected course - enter the "course guidance" view. Contact person: Wang Yimin, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Postgraduate students: log onto the integrated platform of graduate academic affairs to obtain relevant notices and information.(website: http://jwpt.shutcm.edu.cn. )
（Contact person:Yao Chen, email:email@example.com）
3. International students: online course learning is synchronized with undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Please visit the notice board on the website of International Education College. (website: http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn)
（Contact person: Shen Qinfeng, email: firstname.lastname@example.org）.
4. Continuing education students: add the wechat account of "school of continuing education of SHUTCM" or log in the corresponding column on the school website to obtain the course arrangement notice.
(Contact person: Hong fei, email: email@example.com).
(7) in order to comprehensively strengthen the publicity and education of the prevention of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia, experts from the national and the municipal high-level expert group on epidemic prevention in the university have specially recorded the online course "prevention and treatment of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia with integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine", which will be launched on February 28th for teachers and students to learn. The way to watch the video: students can download the Zhidao app or WeChat on the mobile phones, and scan the code to join the course (refer to the two-dimensional code below); students can also log onto the wisdom tree website by computer (https://www.zhihuishu.com/), click on the my profile - add course - input course number K775694 to join in the course.
(8) Follow-up working arrangements of the university will be adjusted in a timely manner according to the situation of epidemic prevention and control and the requirements of the authorities. Please pay attention to the university homepage, course centre and bulletin of the academic affairs platform.