The Theme of the Program: A Miraculous Journey to Explore Traditional Chinese Medicine
Program description: Chinese medicine has long been considered as the quintessence of Chinese culture. It has done a great contribution to the survival and health maintenance of Chinese people through thousands of years. Today it is still playing a distinctive role in health care system. It has been increasingly recognized for its natural, holistic concept and clinical effects. This program initiated in 2012 and has been held every summer ever since. Through lectures, cultural experience and field visits, this program will enable students from different countries, cultures and education backgrounds to get to know the city of Shanghai, Chinese culture and Chinese medicine.
Course contents (theory):
● Traditional Chinese Culture and Medicine
● Recognition of Nature in Ancient China
● Recognition of Human Body in Chinese Medicine
● Recognition of Diseases in Chinese Medicine
● Chinese Medicine Diagnostics
● Recognition of Chinese Pharmacology
● Amazing Meridians & Acupoints
● Application of Acupuncture in Modern Life
● Application of Tuina in Modern Life
● A Perfect Combination of Food and Drug: Herbal Diet Therapy
● Health Preserving of TCM
Experience of Chinese Culture
● Experience of Tai-chi
● Experience of Daily Chinese
● Experience of Sachet
● Experience the city of Shanghai
● Experience of Chinese Calligraphy
● Visit to ancient water town
Experience of Traditional Chinese Medicine
● Visit to Chinese herbal fieldwork base
● Visit to Hospitals
Culture & Experience Exchange
● Cultural Exchange with Local Students
● Study Experience Exchange
Time: 2021-06-07 (Monday) —2021-07-02 (Friday) (4 weeks)
Total hours and arrangement: A total of 120 hours from Monday through Friday (Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:30-16:30).
Application Time: From 2021-01-01 to 2021-03-31
Place: Main Campus (Pudong), Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (No.1200, Cailun Road, Pudong District, Shanghai)
Who Can Apply for This Program
Healthy, aged between 18 and 50 years old, love traditional Chinese medicine and culture, having valid insurance. Priority consideration shall be given to medical students or allied health professionals.
1.Shanghai Summer School Scholarship Type A: 20 seats, exempt from tuition fee and fee for food, accommodation and activities.
*Period for free food and accommodation: 2021-06-07—2021-07-02
If your stay in Shanghai exceeds the duration of the program, you need to pay the extra lodging fee.
2. Shanghai Summer School Scholarship Type B: 20 seats, exempt from tuition fee.
When reaching the specified requirements of the project, students who achieved Shanghai Summer School Scholarship Type A will be issued thegraduation certificate by Shanghai Education Commission and Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Shanghai Summer School Scholarship Type B students will receive a certificate issued by the International Education College of Shanghai University of TCM.
● Registration fee: 500 RMB (non-refundable)
● Tuition: 10,000 RMB
● Accommodation: 5,000 RMB
■ Note: Accommodation fee is set for double room, one needs to pay extra (5,000 RMB) for a single room.
● Visit https://apply.shutcm.edu.cn to finish application.
● Click to view the guide of online application system.
● Bareheaded Photo (Background: White in color and no frame; Size: 100-500 KB; Pixel≥ 320*240 pixels)
● CV (It usually includes personal information, study and work experience, etc.)
● Application Fee Payment Receipt (If the fee is paid by bank transfer, please include your passport name and application No. in the remarks.)
About visa application: Please apply the X2-visa with Admission Notice and JW202 form.
FAQ: Click to view
Bank Account Information
Account Name: Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Dong'an Road Branch
Bank Address: No.520, Wanping Road (S), Shanghai, China 200032
Account No: 1001239109004636961
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJSHI
Contact Us: email@example.com
Telephone: +86-21-5132-2285 (Ms. ZHANG)