Admission Information (the First Notice)
The Theme of the Program: A Miraculous Journey to Explore Traditional Chinese Medicine
Program description: Chinese medicine has long been considered as the quintessence of Chinese culture. It has done a great contribution to the survival and health maintenance of Chinese people through thousands of years. Today it is still playing a distinctive role in health care system. It has been increasingly recognized for its natural, holistic concept and clinical effects. This program initiated in 2012 and has been held every summer ever since. Through lectures, cultural experience and field visits, this program will enable students from different countries, cultures and education backgrounds to get to know the city of Shanghai, Chinese culture and Chinese medicine.
Course contents (theory):
- Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine
- Diagnostic technique in Chinese Medicine
- Meridians and Points
- Commonly used Chinese herbs
- Clinical Application of Acupuncture and Tuina
- Everyday Chinese
Course contents (practice)
- Visit to hospitals affiliated to Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Visit to Plantation of Chinese herbs
- Visit to Museum
- Experience of Traditional Chinese Holidays and Show of Acrobatics
- Experience the city of Shanghai
Duration: 2015-06-14—2015-07-10 (4 weeks)
Total hours and arrangement:
- 6 hours per day (Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:30-16:30)
- 5 days per week (Monday through Friday)
- A total of 120 hours for 4 weeks of courses
Application Deadline: 2015-04-27
Place: Pudong Campus, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Qualifications for Application
- In a good state of health
- Age between 16 and 50
- With valid insurance
- Medical students or allied health professionals will be given priority consideration
- Registration fee: 500 RMB (non-refundable)
- Tuition: 5,500 RMB
- Food, Accommodation and other activities: 5,500 RMB
Note: Accommodation fee is set for double room, one needs to pay extra (2,700 RMB) for a single room.
1. Full Scholarship Award: 20 seats, exempt from tuition fee and fee for food, accommodation and activities.
Period for lodging covered by scholarship: 2015-06-13 12:00 noon—2015-07-11 12:00 noon
Catering expenses covered by scholarship: 30RMB per day in the total 27 days of the program.
*If your stay in Shanghai exceeds the duration of the program, you need to pay the extra lodging fee.
2. Partial Scholarship Award: 10 seats, exempt from tuition fee.
3. Self-funding students: 10 seats.
About visa application: Please apply the X2-visa with Admission Notice and JW202 form.
Bank Account Information
- Account Name: Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Dong’an Road Branch
- Bank Address: № 520, Wanping Road (S), Shanghai, China 200032
- Account №: 1001239109004636961
- Swift Code: ICBKCNBJSHI
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org