Rules of Implementation of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund
Rules of Implementation of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund for International Students of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine International Education College
(For Trial Implementation)
“Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund is set up to provide financial aid and motivate full-time international undergraduate students of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine International Education College with excellent performance.
- The applicant must be an individual with foreign nationality and in good state of health;
- The applicant needs to be excellent in both character and academic performance;
- The application needs to be filed by the undergraduate international students before entering the university. Applicant for this fund has to be under 30 years of age.
- Students who already obtained Chinese Government Scholarship (“Chinese Government Excellent Student Scholarship is not included in “Chinese Government Scholarship“), Shanghai Government Scholarship, various pre-enrollment scholarships, “Grant for Living Cost” Student Assistance Fund of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine International Education College cannot be offered this fund simultaneously with aforementioned scholarships.
Ⅱ.Amount of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund
The amount of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund is 14000RMB for each academic year. The students can apply for and obtain this fund for a maximum of five academic years.
Ⅲ.Required Materials for Application
- A completed form of “Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine International Students Assistance Fund Application Form”;
- Official proof of highest education of the applicant;
- Official transcript provided by the educational institute that the applicant graduated from;
- A recommendation letter provided by the educational institute that the applicant graduated from;
- An essay written by the applicant stating study plan in China;
- Students of non-Chinese origin must provide HSK certificate (Chinese Language Capability Proof);
- All submitted materials need to be in either Chinese or English. Materials in other languages need to be translated into either Chinese or English and notarized by authority;
- The applicants must guarantee the authenticity of the submitted materials, if any of the submitted material is found to be fraudulent, the applicant will be disqualified and will bear all consequence;
- Application materials will not be returned regardless whether the applicants obtain the fund or not.
The deadline of application is due on June 15th each year.
Ⅴ.Qualification Evaluation of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund
- The university will form qualification evaluation panel to examine all application materials.
- Qualification evaluation panel of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund will contact and review the applicants through various needed forms such as face-to-face interview, telephone interview and email contact and select the most qualified.
- The school will notify the applicants in written form of the results of the evaluation.
Ⅵ. Annual Evaluation of the candidates
- The application of “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund needs to be filed before students entering the university. In the first academic year, the qualification of the candidates is determined majorly by the submitted materials. In the succeeding academic years, the candidates will be re-evaluated each year according to the implementation rules. The university will evaluate the candidates’ qualification of each academic year based on academic performance, study attitude, in-school behavior, attendance records, rewards and punishment records. After the evaluation, the qualified students will continue to get “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund. For those who are determined as unqualified, their qualification will be suspended or terminated.
- The eligibility of this fund in the succeeding academic years also includes that the candidate should complete all the prescribed credits of the past academic year and should rank top 20% among his or her grade.
- At the beginning of each academic year, the overseas students’ office will publicize the name of the candidate students for no less than three working days. When no adverse opinions are received, the overseas students’ office will announce the students who obtained the fund.
- The overseas students must pay the whole annual tuition fee before then can get the amount of this “Aspiration Grant” Student Assistance Fund. If in any case, the student has violated law and regulations in China, or has been punished for breaking the regulations of the university, his or her eligibility for this fund of the current academic year will be compromised.
Ⅶ. Other Notes
This regulation is to be implemented since September, 2015. Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine holds the ultimate right to explain the detailed implementation of this regulation.